Short Answer Test Tips-Help
Tips and strategies on how to take a test with short answers.
- Use flashcards; write the key terms, dates and concepts on the front and the definition, event, and explanations on the back.
► General Test Taking Tips
- Try to anticipate questions that will be asked on the test and prepare for them. Usually what your instructor emphasizes in class will be on the test.
- Try not to leave an answer blank. Show your work/write down your thoughts, even if you don't get the exact answer, partial credit is usually awarded.
- If you don't know the answer, come back to it after you finish the rest of the test and make an educated guess. Other parts of the test may give you clues to what the answer may be.
- If you can think of more than one answer for a question, ask the instructor what to do.
- Read the question carefully and make sure that you answer everything that it asks for. Some short answer questions have multiple parts.
◁ Test Taking Tips Home